Saturday, August 30, 2014

Adoption Day

Today is Samuel's one year adoption day anniversary. I described that day last year as both a beautiful and heartbreaking day, which is was, and I encourage you to read all about it here. Today however was pure beauty.

I've wanted to have Samuel dedicated since I brought him home but have been waiting for the right timing. As I began planning for his dedication sometime this summer, I realized that his adoption day fell on a Saturday this year and I could not think of a better way to celebrate.

Hello camera smile...

Oh well, at least it's a smile :)

We had Samuel's dedication outdoors at a park that is very significant to Samuel and I. 
(another story for another time, perhaps)


Of course, imaginary microphones were required

Unfortunately, with the long weekend I was unable to get a worship leader as I had hoped to but it worked out... My pastor graciously agreed to help out in this area but we almost didn't even need him! Something that most of you don't know is that Samuel is a future worship leader. Seriously, Samuel is passionate about worship (I'm not entirely sure how or why but he has a very strong preference to worship music over any other type of music) and spends hours a week 'practicing'. I didn't think he'd end up singing much (or at least not very loud) in front of all those people but he pretty much took over (my poor pastor didn't know what he was getting himself into!).



Then Samuel and I sang 'our song'. If you haven't heard Not For A Moment (After All) by Meredith Andrews I encourage you to listen to it here - it's pretty much the story of the last five years of our lives.


It was a simple yet beautiful ceremony and I am so grateful to everyone who made it out to celebrate with us and for the roles you have played in Samuel's story and in our lives.





After the ceremony it was... party time!!! 





It was a beautiful day from start to finish. Wow. One year. 
Thank you God for all You've done, all You're doing and all You've yet to do. 
Your redemptive work in my son's life is breathtaking.


p.s. In honor of this special day, family and friends donated towards 'Korbin' on Reece's Rainbow...
Korbin and Samuel are the same age and share a love of food and music, along with a diagnosis of autism.
We are praying that one day Korbin too will know the love of a forever family... Could it be yours???

Korbin

No comments: