Thursday, January 9, 2014

Let It Snow!

December was an especially snowy month here which made for some fun times with my new little Canadian! The morning after our first snow fall I excitedly threw open the curtains to show Samuel the snow on the ground however Samuel was too concerned with turning his music on, bedtime light off, etc. to take much notice (don't mess with my boy's routine!). As I got out of the shower however I found Samuel standing in front of the patio door saying "snow"... Unfortunately by that point it had started to rain and so it would be a while longer before he got to see how much fun it would be to play in it.

Finally the day perfect day arrived; mild temperatures, sticky snow... out we went to have some fun!

Checking it out...
I wasn't sure what he would think but as always, Samuel took it all in stride.

Hmm, what do you do with this stuff???

It didn't take him long to figure out how to throw snowballs at Mama!

Lovin' it!!! :)

Our second time out I tried to get Samuel to play some more but given that my son would rather work than play, I shouldn't have been surprised when he made his way over to my car and started washing it with snow. Try as I might, I could not get him away from his post and finally had to drag him inside after an hour and a half...



The happiest child labourer around :)



Yes, I let my son taste the snow...
Hey, at least it wasn't yellow!

After that, every morning Samuel wakes up and looks out the window to see if there's snow on mama's car.
If there is, all I hear about until we leave the house is "Samuel brush mama's car. Not your turn Mama."... 
I finally had to buy a second snow brush so that we can work side by side rather than having to wait at least forty minutes for Samuel to be done before I can start brushing the car off! (Let's see, we have to be there at 12:00, it takes about 10 minutes to get there, better leave the house by 10:00!!!) :)

Continuing on that note, my work-loving little man also loves to shovel. We were at my mom's house one afternoon when my brother came by to shovel for her. You have never seen a child put their snow suit on as fast as Samuel did when I asked if he wanted to go out and help! Fortunately Samuel has a very patient uncle who loves spending time with his nephew as I am using the word "help" very loosely...

Happiness is...

Hanging out outside on a snowy day, shovelling with your favourite uncle.

Uncle teaching Samuel to say, "Bye snow!"
(i.e. throw it up there, don't drag it down here...)

As far as Samuel's concerned, life doesn't get much sweeter than this.

Lest you think it's all work and no play around here, we have found one work-free snow activity Samuel loves - SLEDDING!

Simple, lightweight plastic sled... $12.99
The sound of Samuel's squeals and laughter as we go flying down the hill... priceless

2 comments:

lizzielou said...

This is the best update! Good grief he is so cute! Love how much fun you are having Andrea, what a great Mama you are. xo

Kim Brewster-Neelin said...

Andrea & Samuel, How wonderful to see how well you are both doing and How God is blessing you. Thanks so much for the wonderful photos of all the activities. There can never be too many pictures of how God blesses us. Love & prayers to you both xxoo