Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Samuel's First Christmas (in pictures)

First thing after waking up at Grandma's house Christmas morning...
I wasn't expecting Samuel to get that into it but he saw a present
sticking out of the top of his stocking and dove right in!




Almost thirty years ago my grandmother knit this stocking for me...
This year she lovingly knit one for her great-grandson - priceless!



Making stuffing with his Grandma

I read some time ago on someone else's blog (no recollection who!)
about how each of their children receive three gifts on Christmas:
one thing they want (i.e. something fun),
one thing they need (i.e. something practical),
and one thing to give away (i.e something that helps someone else).
I loved the idea so much that I decided to adopt it for my own family.

Here is Samuel with his "something fun"!

My little chef spent the rest of the day cooking, 
his absolute favourite thing to do!

Something practical - Samuel loved this hat so much I could hardly get it off him to go to bed!
Thank you to the incredibly talented Sarah and Rachel from Handiwork For Elijah
The hat is absolutely gorgeous, so thick and soft and the best part is, all the proceeds go to help 
bring orphans home to their forever families! Check it out :)

Samuel's "something for someone else" was an Angel Tree Ornament from Reece's Rainbow.
Little "Colby" is five years old and loves dancing to music just like Samuel.
We're praying that next year Colby can spend his first Christmas with his forever family, just like Samuel!
Might there be room around your table for this fun-loving little boy?

Ok, so I kind of cheated this year...
I'm calling this bonus present the "because I want you to know how much you're loved" present.

There's nothing Samuel loves more in this world than his family and he insists on keeping a
slideshow of family pictures playing over and over on my laptop all day long.
Now he has his own pictures to hang in his room that he can look at whenever he wants.
Samuel loved it and couldn't stop staring at it all afternoon!


Enjoying some cuddle time with Nana

Samuel loves his Poppy!

With his favourite aunt and uncle
(we're in that stage right now... you know, the one where you say, "Samuel, smile!" and you get this face...)

Because every little boy needs an uncle to help assemble new toys on Christmas!

From this...
... to this!

























God you're so good!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

4 comments:

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

Merry First Family Christmas!

Blessings,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Wow! He looks like he has gained some weight & maybe grown a bit. Gotta love the one of a kind cheesy smiles! I am so happy that your 1st Christmas together was warm & wonderful. Wishing you a happy & blessed New Year! Linda H.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this Christmas story.

Tiffany said...

I'm a new reader of your blog. I haven't adopted yet, but I'm a single mother of a 5 year old as well. (When's your son's birthday?) I myself was adopted when I was just a little younger than your son. I know what it means to desperately need a family. I also know what it means to find the family God had reserved just for me. You are so stinking blessed to finally have the son who was waiting for you all those years.

Keep posting. I look forward to following your little family. :)