Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day Seven

It was pouring outside today (anyone else noticing a common theme here???) so back to the Mega Mall we went, this time to check out the water park. My sweet, brave, sensory-seeking, thrill-loving boy loved it! It was two hours of pure laughter until his lips were purple and his teeth were chattering and I had to pull him out against his will. Today, Grandma decided to pay the extra $8 to come in and watch and I think the front row seat to her grandson's sheer delight was worth every penny.











On a totally separate note, I could use some advice from all you parents and especially adoptive parents out there (those of you who don't like bathroom talk may want to skip this part)... Samuel has only pooped twice since I got him a week ago tomorrow. Once right after he arrived and again Monday morning; nothing since. He has been drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruit, little dairy and no junk food but still nothing. On Monday I was able to get him to go by having him sit on his potty bowl for a while but now he is refusing to sit on the potty bowl or toilet for any length of time. I tried giving him baby prunes today but he wouldn't eat them. I'm starting to get concerned as I really don't want this to turn into a serious problem. Any advice or suggestions anyone has for things I can try (bearing in mind that I am in Vietnam) would be greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Ruthann said...

You could try regular prunes. You say he likes to eat what you eat. Maybe that would help? Carrots also seem to help my boys.
In the past, I've also made up a game or whole body massage to massage the lower abdomen. Bringing the legs/knees up to the chest could be part of that. That has helped both my boys.
Hope he (and you) get some relief soon ;)

Chantal, Zackary et Cie said...

After 4-5 days with my daughter in Vietnam, i had no other choice than trying a suppository (lucky enough , i had brought some) ... of course she did not like but it wasn't too bad. After trying all other food that wouldn't help her, this finally made her go (she's 3) . That fixed the problem, which was most probably caused by the stress . After two months 1/2 with me now, it never happenned again.

lizzielou said...

Maybe something to do with the change in diet? New foods? Tummy massage and a warm towel/facecloth on his tummy might help. If he is drinking lots of water he should be fine, it probably has to do with all of the big changes he has gone through too. Those water park pics are great!

Amanda said...

Give him chocolate or candy while he sits and tries to poo

For Her Redemption said...

I am not familiar with Vietnam and the resources you have, however-besides pediatric suppositories (which I have used on my boys-does not hurt, just awkward for them) I would also suggest Epsom salt bath-I have not actually used that for creating a BM-But we soak in Epsom salt for several other reasons..and I know on the bag it says can be used for the purpose you may need. I have really enjoyed following up with your adoption. So very happy for you! God Bless!

Ashley K said...

Andrea, your Samuel is so precious! You can already tell how natural you are at being a mother, and how comfortable he feels with you. So insanely happy for you :) xx