Monday, September 2, 2013

Day Four

It was another rainy day in Hanoi but my boy was in great spirits today! He woke up smiling and chatting away and stayed that way pretty much the whole day. Every time I think I cannot be any more in awe of this child of mine he surprises me once again. I was going to tell you today about how my son has absolutely no interest in stuffed animals (or balls) but it seems my son is out to prove me wrong as this morning he lined them all up and fed them with his bottle. I continue to be so impressed with the level of imagination, focus and determination in Samuel's play and I'm pretty sure I could just sit and watch him play all day every day and never grow tired of it.



The closest thing to a smile that I've been able to capture on camera...
Thank you Auntie Lynn for my Elmo!

Samuel shocked us both with yet another English word this morning - toes! (as an aside, Samuel also signed his first word today - water) Thank you Fisher Price Learning Puppy :) This is one of Samuel's favourite toys and we hear this song several dozen times a day at least. Mommy and Grandma often do the actions however the only reaction we have ever gotten from Samuel was a look that seemed to to say, "Who are these crazy people?"... Until this morning that is.


Given the weather and the fact that we had to get out of the hotel for a bit, we decided to go for an electric bus ride - only $7 for the three of us to rent the whole bus for 30 minutes. Samuel ended up falling asleep but I guess that means he must not have been too scared or overwhelmed...


This afternoon we made our own sensory toy and took advantage of the opportunity for a little speech therapy session (this one's for you Lynda!)...


Samuel played with this for nearly two hours and made one thing very clear - whoever said he had poor fine motor skills was obviously talking about a different kid!





Given how much Samuel enjoyed last night's dinner, we decided to go for the same thing again tonight... Have I mentioned that my boy loves pasta?!


Tomorrow is paperwork day. Please pray that everything goes smoothly and that my sweet boy would cope ok with being dragged all over the city. Please also continue to pray for some decent weather so that we're not trapped in our hotel room all week... I just can't wait to get my son home.

2 comments:

patty said...

I'm cracking up with hearing the Fisher Price Puppy all the way from Vietnam. Remember we got this for Julia the Christmas after your visit with us? Samuel is a smart little guy. I can see what a great mom you are already, Andrea. I'm really enjoying your updates.

Anonymous said...

I just love watching this little man blossom with you and your mom :) my heart swells with joy when I watched both vidoe's - he is just too darn cute!! Good luck with the paperwork! Cecilia