Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day Five

Today was a long day. We set out to finish the adoption paper work this morning and it was jut too much for my baby...

Mama trying to fill out paperwork
with a very scared little boy on her lap...
He clung to me, terrified, while we were out and about and by the time we got back to the hotel he was overwhelmed and overstimulated and we paid for it for the rest of the day. Sweet boy was like a kid on a major sugar high only I haven't given him any sugar. In the midst of it all however I managed to capture these sweet shots of Samuel playing during a period of relative calm.





We decided to go for a walk around the lake this afternoon
as it wasn't raining and it was clear everyone
needed a break from the hotel room...



Yes, my son ís trying to kick the bubbles before they even
make it off the wand... did I mention he was wired today?!  

My precious son may have had mommy and grandma ready to pull their hair out today but he still never ceases to amaze me... Samuel said at least two more English words today (there were a couple others that sounded like thy might be words but I'm not sure) and even managed to put them together to form a sentence - go eat. He is also consistently saying water and even verbally asked for water spontaneously today without me asking him first!

It looks like, if all goes smoothly, we could be out of here as early as next Wednesday. After today I'm trying not to think about what another full week is going to look like and am just praying that tomorrow is a better day. A day without rain wood certainly be a big help!

2 comments:

Ruthann said...

It sounds like you handled your busy, stressful day quite well. It's a lot of work at the time, but it's those times that can be the best for bonding! Hoping for a nice, clear day for you soon ;)

patty said...

Thanks for another update and more photos. He looks very relaxed and comfortable in the pictures. You are a super mom, Andrea. :)