Monday, August 26, 2013

Tomorrow

Well, I am happy to report that we have made it safe and sound to Vietnam. The flights could not have gone any smoother and I actually managed to sleep on the plane for the first time ever. I can only hope that things go just as smoothly on the way home when we have Samuel.

There are quiet a few this about Vietnam that remind me of Africa (the motorcycles, the street side vendors, the traffic...) which is helping it to feel more like home. We took a quick tour of the neighbourhood and got lost a few times (seems neither one of us is good with a map... We miss you Corina!) but managed to find our way without asking for help which made me feel pretty good.

I had thought I was going to meet Samuel today but it turns out it'll be tomorrow instead. For tonight, I will fall asleep knowing that my son is a mere 20 minutes away and that tomorrow morning I will finally see him with my very own eyes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thrilled that you arrived safely. Love the pictures of Samuel's room and can't wait until we see his sweet face beside Moms and Grandmas! those 3 smiles will be incredible. God bless you. Be safe.

Marlene

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhhh...can't wait for pics! Jess

Christine S said...

Why am i just not learning of this blog? ANDREA!!!!!!

I'm rediculously excited for you (we all are) and can't wait for more updates. Keep them coming!!!

Christine

lizzielou said...

YAY!!!!!

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

So excited! I can only imagine what you are feeling like.

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

SO excited for you! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Prayed for you and Samuel this morning as I was driving to work.

Blessings,
Suzanne

patty said...

WOW, Andrea this is so exciting. His room at home looks beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of you holding Samuel. :)

Robertsons said...

So cool!