Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Last Night

Tonight is my last night as a family of one. My last night knowing that my child is out there somewhere but not with me. My last night waiting and wondering if he is sick, sad, lonely or afraid.

Tonight is Samuel's last night in a hard, metal crib. His last night with nothing and no one to call his own. His last night as one of the 163 million children in the world without a family.

Tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. (that's Thursday at 4:00 a.m. Montreal time) I become a mom and Samuel becomes an orphan no more. I could not be more ready to have my son with me but this is going to be very hard for Samuel. Sweet boy wanted pretty much nothing to do with me today, although I was able to engage him for a few minutes so long as he was within the safe security of his crib. My son's love affair with all things cars and trucks continues and one thing is certain - mama needs to buy this boy some trucks!


I'm glad the visits are over as it seems to be making things harder rather than easier. Nevertheless, I anticipate that tomorrow is going to be rough. Please be praying for my precious son, that God would fill Samuel with His peace which passes all understanding and that he would begin to be able to trust me little by little. Pray that God would give me divine insight into Samuel's needs and wisdom in how to respond.

The paper chase also begins tomorrow and my facilitator is hopeful that we should be able to get our part done by the end of the day on Friday otherwise it'll have to wait until Tuesday as the embassy will be closed on Monday for Labour Day. Once all our paperwork is filed we wait for Samuel's passport to be ready, then we're out of here.

Like I said, I have no idea what these next few days are going to look like with Samuel but will do my best to keep you up to date.

3 comments:

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

Praying for you! He is precious. I'm so thrilled for you Andrea! I'm sure the next few days (weeks? months?) will be hard, but it will be worth it!

Ruthann said...

Praying for your transitions to go smoothly as possible!

lizzielou said...

will be praying and looking forward to an update xoxox