Saturday, August 10, 2013

GOT A TRAVEL DATE!

I know that in my last blog post, two months ago, I said that I was hoping to be able to introduce you to my little boy really soon... The unfortunate news is that my agency has decided it would be best to wait until the adoption is finalized before posting his picture online. The good news is that in three weeks he will be mine and I can show him off to the world!!!

I got a travel date earlier this week and will be leaving on August 24 to bring my baby (a.k.a. big boy) home. Normally in Vietnam you get custody of your child on day one but due to Samuel's age, they decided that I could visit him in the orphanage for a couple of days first (a very good thing). The adoption ceremony will be on August 30 (no court necessary in Vietnam) then I drag the poor boy around with me while we chase papers for about two weeks before coming home.

Can't believe I'm just two weeks away from holding my sweet boy in my arms! I have several blog posts composed in my head that I will try to post before I leave (we'll see how that goes...) and will do my best to keep my blog updated while I'm over there. Thanks for praying and following along!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Woohoo! That's awesome news! Soo happy for you and can't wait to see him! :)

patty said...

Andrea, This is FANTASTIC news. I've been thinking about you and wondering what was happening with the travel date. I am so happy and excited for you and Samuel. I can't wait to follow your journey over to Vietnam. Praying!
Patty

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

Yayyyyy!!! Thrilled!! Can't wait to 'meet' Samuel!! I can't imagine how excited you most bed. He is SO wanted and loved.

Ruthann said...

Horray!! I will be praying for you. Looking forward to 'meeting' him! May God go with you.

Colleen said...

So exciting, Congrats!!

Ashley K said...

YAHOOOO! I can't wait to see more pictures of this (not so little) boy! I spent the morning reading through your blog posts, and you're truly an incredible person Andrea. I feel extremely fortunate that we crossed paths. Samuel is very lucky to have a woman like you to call his mother :) xx