Sunday, April 7, 2013

"For this child I prayed..."


As I write this, he is living out his days in an orphanage in Vietnam. His story is one that would break your heart. No one knows his birth date and although we are saying he is around five, chances are he is even older than that. He is described as “developmentally delayed” and is said to be functioning at about a two-year-old level. He is considered “non-verbal” and possibly autistic. Although he has been considered by many families, he has been passed over each time due to his special needs. It has been said that he is “unadoptable” and would be better off spending the rest of his life in an institution…

He was created in the image of God. He is fearfully and wonderfully made. He is perfect in every way. He is not a mistake. He is a precious child of God. He is a treasure of immeasurable worth. He is a gift and a blessing from the Lord. He is loved. He is wanted. He is mine.

I wish I could show you his beautiful face but I’m not allowed to post his picture publicly (yet!). I can tell you that his name will be Samuel Yigael which means “God has heard” and “God will redeem”.  God has indeed heard all the prayers that have been prayed for this little boy, both mine and others (more on that another time) and He is already writing him a beautiful story of redemption, just as He promised He would.

That brings me to my invitation to you – would consider being a part of Samuel’s story. I am expecting to travel by the end of the summer and am still in need of approximately $15,000 to bring Samuel home. I know that many of you reading this know all too well that if it takes a village to raise a child, it takes an army to ransom a child through international adoption. I also know that many of you are well acquainted with the blessing that comes from helping to bring a child home to their forever family.

For all of my American friends, I have a grant fund set up through Reece’s Rainbow where you can make tax-deductible donations. You can do so online HERE (approx. 3% will be deducted for PayPal fees) or by sending a cheque to Reece's Rainbow, PO Box 4024, Gaithersburg, MD 20885 (make cheques payable to Reece’s Rainbow but be sure to indicate that it is for the “Gariepy Family”). As for my fellow Canadians, you are also welcome to donate online through Reece’s Rainbow but you will have to do so in American dollars. Otherwise, please e-mail me at ambassadoroflove@live.ca and I will let you know how you can send a cheque directly to me (no tax-receipt available).

I know that many of you discovered my Family Sponsorship Page with Reece’s Rainbow last week and I have so appreciated all of your prayers, support and enthusiasm. I can’t wait to introduce you to my son!!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow I had no idea Vietnam was open to adoption again. I've been following your blog for a while and am so excited for you. I've been waiting years for my opportunity to adopt and it looks closer all the time.