Sunday, February 3, 2013

Homestudy Update / Prayer Request

So, I know, I'm all over the map these days (literally!)... I got back from Uganda on Monday night and jumped right back into life here. I'm hoping to post more about the second half of our trip but right now, I am back to moving full speed ahead with my adoption and I want to ask for your prayers. My homestudy on New Years went ok but not great. I spoke to my social worker the morning after returning home and she told me that they have concerns. She didn't want to get into it over the phone but said that we would discuss it more at our next meeting, this Tuesday. At first when I heard those dreaded words I had to remind myself to keep breathing. Since then however God has given me a lot of peace. I know that He and He alone has the final say in all of this. One of the most amazing parts of this trip to Africa has been watching God use the theme from our camp not only in the kids lives but in ours as well (more on that later). Over the past week God has given me peace as I have been reminded that God has good plans for me... His plans cannot be destroyed... I can trust in Him. Please pray that I would continue to be able to trust in God and His plans, whatever those plans may be. Also, please pray that God would give me the words to clearly express my heart and motivations and effectively address whatever concerns they may have. Thank you!!!

1 comment:

patty said...

Praying for you, Andrea.