Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Family Day!

Today is Family Day, a statutory holiday in Ontario (the province that I work in) which made it the perfect day to finish up my homestudy. Yes, you read that right, my homestudy is finished! It is a story that only God could have written and I look forward to sharing every detail with you all but should probably wait until I have the final approved copy in my hands. In the meantime, I know the details of this adoption have been coming out in bits and pieces so I thought maybe I should give you a timeline. I should have a draft of my homestudy within two weeks at which point I will be able to look at profiles and find out who my child is. I expect to be ready to submit my dossier in four to six weeks and, barring any unforeseen delays, should have my child in my arms before the end of the summer. I appreciate your continued prayers as things continue to move forward. One thing that has been made very clear - God is definitely in this.

Precious little one, this journey to you has already been so much harder, so much sooner than I ever imagined but one thing I know for sure - you are worth it all (and even more!). I cannot wait 'till this time next year when we get to celebrate Family Day together and look back and remember how God was moving the mountains to bring you home.

8 comments:

patty said...

This is so exciting and I am so happy for you! I will keep you in my prayers.
Patty

Jill said...

WOOHOOO!!! That's GREAT news, Andrea! Can't wait to hear all about it. Praying the Lord gives you wisdom as you look at profiles! So exciting!

summer said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!! OH MY!!! I have the chills all over after reading this!!! OH Andrea, I am so over the moon excited for you and your child!!!! PRAYING!!!!!

lizzielou said...

Praying!

Amy said...

Wahoo! Praise the Lord! And end of summer—so soon! That's amazing. :)

Sabrina said...

Amazing! I'm just so amazed to read what God is doing in your life. I'm so excited for you and your little one. Can't wait to find out WHO it is!!

Melissa said...

Woooo!!! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see who your child will be. I'm just getting caught up. Are you adopting from Canadian foster care?

andrea said...

Nope :) I'm adopting from Vietnam!

http://ambassadoroflove.blogspot.ca/2012/12/prayer-request.html