Friday, January 18, 2013

Surprise!



I guess I owe everyone an explanation... For everyone who knows me in real life, received my latest newsletter and has been continuously checking my blog over the past week waiting for stories and pictures from Uganda - I'm sorry. We had no internet while in Kampala and no time whatsoever to even think about going to an internet cafe! For all my faithful blog-world friends who have just begun learning the news of my upcoming adoption from Vietnam and who are now super confused wondering, "what on earth is she doing in Uganda?!" - I'm sorry. You know how I mentioned that I have become a horrible blogger and had so much to catch you up on??? I wasn't kidding.

Long story short, I am here in Uganda with my mom, aunt and uncle on what I'm calling my "bonus trip". Coming here with the three of them has been a dream I have never dared to pray for let alone speak out loud. That, along with the fact that I truly believed (and had accepted) that my last trip here might be my last one, this trip is truly a "bonus" in every way. We arrived last Friday and spent some time meeting/catching up with my/our friends (aka family) here before running a three day day camp at Bugolobi school, where I have had the privilege of doing camps twice before, then heading out to Jinja to spend time at local orphanages I know and love. My aunt and uncle actually left today for Zambia where they will be doing a build with habitat for humanity and my mom and I are here for just over a week longer. 

I want to catch you up on some of what we've been doing but I don't have the time or energy to do that tonight.
So, for now, here's a quick preview of what's to come...













4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Andrea!! I had no idea!! That's soo exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more!

patty said...

Where in the world is Andrea G.? :) Wow, you are just full of surprises. I am so glad that you have been able to return to a country that you love and with your family too. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Praying for your adoption process, too.
Patty

Jenny said...

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL! Tears of joy for you... and longing for me! Love you lots and SO VERY thankful you can love on all those lovely Ugandans.... especially Bugalobi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

How FUN!!!! Good for you! Can't wait to read more! :-)