Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Step Two - My Own Place!


I’ve given up apologizing for being such a bad blogger but new year, fresh start, I figured I would do my best to begin to catch you up on all that God has been doing in my life over the past six months or so. Being that I had my first homestudy visit yesterday, my wonderful uncle, cousin, mother and I spent the 24 hours before my homestudy scurrying around trying to make my apartment, which still contained bare walls, unpacked boxes and unassembled furniture, look homey (thank you Mom, Matthew and Uncle Peter!). It’s still a work in progress but it’s getting there so I thought I’d better take this opportunity to show you some pictures before it gets messy again :) First though, I want to share with you the story of God’s provision in providing me with this wonderful place to call home.

As you may remember from my last post, in July I was given a permanent position at my job. It was such an unexpected blessing as it usually takes at least one to two years to become permanent and I had only been there 7 months! Because of the instability of my job, I was still living at home, saving money, waiting for a reliable income before moving out on my own. Once I got the permanent position however, I wasted no time and was out that weekend looking at apartments. Because I commute to another province for work, living near the highway was very important to me in order to reduce travel time. What I quickly discovered however was that there were few, if any, decent apartments in the right locations. There were condos to buy, duplexes/triplexes that were outside my price range and old, badly maintained buildings where the hallways smelled like a combination of cigarette smoke and urine. After pouring through the newspapers and internet listings and driving around looking at every place we could get into, I was quickly becoming discouraged. With the fall fast approaching, there were less and less places available and after waiting a year and a half already, I did not want to wait any longer. I began crying out to God to provide something that would be “good enough”, even if it was just temporary. Then one day my mom and I were driving around and we came across a building that we hadn’t really noticed before. It looked like it might be a condo building and there was so sign indicating any availability but we decided to call anyway. At first we were told there were no apartments available but then she mentioned that she did have one unit that would be available for September 1st (exactly when I was ideally hoping to move!). It was two bedrooms (just what I needed) with a washer/dryer hookup (something I was really hoping for but that had been difficult to find). The apartment was in rough shape therefore they would be putting in new floors, cupboards, doors, everything before I moved in. Because the last tenants had been here a long time, the rent was also fairly low, comparable with some of the dumps I had been looking at. I have been living here four months now and I have to say, everything about this apartment it perfect – I wouldn’t change a thing! My apartment is bright and open and the building itself is clean, quiet and well-maintained. My landlords are great (as evidenced by the fact that he spent over an hour digging my car out of the snow last week!) and the location could not be more perfect, close to everything I need and right off the highway, cutting 20 minutes off my commute! And to think that I was simply asking God for something “good enough” – I should have known better

"Every good gift, every perfect gift, comes from above. 
These gifts come down from the Father, the creator of the heavenly lights, in whose character there is no change at all."
James 1:17

Without further delay, here it is, a glimpse of my new home:



I'm sure many of you see some familiar faces here... "My" kids who will never live in my home but will forever live in my heart.

HOME in the arms of their Heavenly Father...







My favourite room in the house... oh how I love to come in here in the quiet, early morning hours and dream and pray for the little one who I will one day soon share bedtime stories and cuddles with in this very room.

Precious little one, God is already paving the way for me to bring you home and I cannot wait for the day that your laughter 
and sticky fingerprints fill this home…

7 comments:

patty said...

Andrea,

Your apartment is beautiful!!! I've been thinking about you and praying that your first home study went well. This is all so exciting! I can't wait to see the little one that God has chosen to be your child.
Patty

Ruthann said...

Your place looks beautiful. I'm glad to hear your homestudy went well. We will be praying for you in your journey. Blessed new year!

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

Whoo hoo love your new place. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to following your journey to your little lovie!

Blessings,
Suzanne

lizzielou said...

Praying for you sweet friend! And your homestudy too!

Jill said...

What a beautiful place,Andrea! Looking forward to seeing "who" will be joining you there. Congratulations!!!! So VERY happy for you!!! :-)

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

oooooo ANdrea I am so excited for you! I love love love it!!!! oh by the way i also posted your package yesterday! its full of a few extra bits and pieces and your giveaway wins as well for you to do with as you will! The shipping is all on me with my love xxxxxxxxxx

Amanda said...

I love it! Wish I had seen this post sooner. Congrats!! Can't wait to see who that little one will be.