Friday, April 13, 2012

Find My Family Friday - Diana



Look who re-appeared on Reece’s Rainbow last week!

Diana (a.k.a. "Natalee")

Not long after I first posted about Diana, the laws in her country changed which caused her to become temporarily unavailable for international adoption. Since then, I have not been able to advocate for her but I have not stopped thinking about her and praying for her and looking forward to when she would once again become available… and now that day is here!


I have shared before that for many of “my” kids, I had a special song just for them, a song with lyrics that captured the unique messages I so desperately wanted them to know… their song. Diana was my beautiful princess and I sang to her constantly. Such an uneasy little girl, she startled so easily and it seemed as though her poor little spirit was on high alert. I would take her down to the visiting room, away from the noise and chaos of her groupa, rock her gently in my arms and sing softly to her. Gradually, Diana would become more relaxed in my arms until she finally reached at point where she seemed to be at peace. There are many songs that I would sing to Diana but I never seemed to find just the right one, her song. During these last few months, as I’ve been praying and waiting for Diana to become available again, I found it – Diana’s song.



The song is called Someone Worth Dying For by Mikeschair and it’s about all of us realizing that Jesus has proven just how valuable we are to Him… we are worth dying for. I don’t want to take away from the beauty of that message… yet when I heard this song for the first time and Diana’s face came to mind, I heard a different message. I already know what Jesus thinks about Diana; she is worth dying for and He proved that when He died for her on the cross. When I heard the first chorus however I felt like God was whispering to me that this is the unspoken cry of Diana’s heart – is she someone worth fighting for?

Am I more than flesh and bone?
Am I really something beautiful?
Yeah, I want to believe, I want to believe that
I'm not just some wandering soul
That you don't see and you don't know
Yeah, I want to believe, would you help me believe
That I am someone worth fighting for

The bridge of the song is God’s response to Diana…

You're worth it, you can't earn it
Yeah, the cross has proven,
That you're sacred and blameless.
Your life has purpose!

But what will our response be? Is she just another hidden away child that don’t won’t see and don’t won’t know? Do we see her as something beautiful? Do we believe that her life has purpose? Are we ready to echo this final chorus back to her?

You are more than flesh and bone
Can't you see your something beautiful
Yeah, you gotta believe, you gotta believe
He wants you to see, We want you to see that
You're not just some wandering soul
That can't be seen and can't be known
You gotta believe, you gotta believe
That you are someone worth fighting for

Diana may not have much worth in the eyes of the world but she is precious in the eyes of her Heavenly Father.
Can you see what He sees when He looks at her? Adoption is never an easy road but Diana is someone worth fighting for.

Would you help show Diana that she is worth it?

Share her story, donate to her grant fund, pray for a family to cross the oceans to prove to this beautiful girl just how precious she is… consider whether that family might be yours. For more information or to donate, click here.


Diana is listed as “Natalee” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect her identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

No comments: