Wednesday, March 21, 2012

World Down Syndrome Day 2012

Happy World Down Syndrome Day!!! Last year I shared passionately about how God had transformed me from someone who was terrified at the thought of giving birth to child with Down syndrome (or any other special need) to someone who was begging God for the privilege of parenting such a child. Today, I have no eloquent words. Instead, I share this video which has touched me so deeply and pray that you too would have your eyes and your heart opened to the blessing of Down syndrome.



Last year mentioned that I would be deeply disappointed if God never gave me a child with that extra special chromosome. I believe that God does have a child with Down syndrome waiting for me and today, I am thinking about them…

Precious child of mine,
Today my arms ache to hold you even more than they usually do. Oh how I long to gaze into your beautiful almond shaped eyes, plant kisses all over your face and whisper in your ear that you are mine. I already love you more than words can express. The thought of finally seeing your face, holding you in my arms, getting to know you inside and out… my heart will surely burst.
Today, I pray that you would always know that you are cherished. You are my chosen child, my dream child, perfect in every way.
You are wanted and I will do whatever it takes to bring you home.

No comments: