Friday, March 23, 2012

Find My Family Friday - Igor



As some of you may have noticed, last weekend, for the first time ever since I started Find My Family Fridays, I did not post about any of my kids. I’m not sure exactly what happened. I think part of it had to do with the fact that, after sitting in front of a computer all day at work, the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is typing some more. Another part have it may have had to do with the fact that the weather last weekend to gorgeous to spend it inside. Finally, I know that it also had something to do with the fact that this boy has been so heavy on my heart lately that I simply could not put it into words.


Igor, my heart… oh, how my arms long to hold him again. I’ve been missing him a lot lately and along with that come the worries about whether he’s doing ok. It’s been three months since I’ve been able to hear any kind of updates on Igor. Three months since I’ve seen any new pictures or had anyone tell me how he’s doing.


For the last couple months I’ve been telling you about Igor’s brother, “Jacob” (you can read more about “Jacob” here and here). “Jacob” captured me with his smile, his sweet little giggle and his infectious, inexplicable joy. I would bring these two brothers home tomorrow if I could. Still, I do not know “Jacob” the way I know Igor. I have never held him in my arms, I have never prayed over him or sang him words of hope and peace, I have never felt my heart shatter as I watched him scream and cry and hurt himself and there was nothing I could do. For that reason, the love I have for Igor is special and today I want to remind you of the little boy who holds my heart…


Igor.

The little boy who I saw more progress from than any of my other kids. The boy who went from being trapped in his own little world, banging his head incessantly to a happy, smiley little man who loved exploring his environment, snuggling, being tickled a marveling at my hands.


Igor.

The little boy suffering from so much inner turmoil yet who would still rest his head on my shoulder while I sang his favourite song, It Is Well, over him. It was in those moments that I knew that this precious child had a connection with the Father that went beyond all understanding. His mind may not have understood the words to that song but the look in his eyes said that his spirit knew the peace that can come from Christ alone.


Igor.

The little boy for whom my heart at times fills with fear at the thought of his being transferred to a mental institution. The child with bumps on his head the size of ping pong balls from where he pounds his head on the cold, hard floor. The little boy who, although he self-harms, is so much more than his self-harming behaviours. The child who may be the biggest challenge his forever family has ever encountered, yet will undoubtedly also be their biggest blessing and reward.


Igor.

My heart.


Please continue to keep this precious boy in your prayers. Keep donating to his grant fund and keep sharing his story so that his forever family can find him. For more information or to donate, click here.


Igor is listed as “Brody” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Andrea, I am praying for him. This post made me cry! Thank you for not giving up on him!!!

Sarah L.A.C.E. said...

I have noticed "Brody" on Jane's "Flight Platform Living" blog hop several times. This time his picture. The one with his feet up in the air caught my breath. Maybe because now "Francine" has her forever family, I now have room to focus on another who needs. I am not sure. But this little man captured my heart yesterday. What a wonderful post. I wish I could adopt. I know I can pray though, and pray hard. I hope his forever family comes soon. Part of me wishes it could be me. But God has his family out there. I just know it.