Friday, January 6, 2012

Find My Family Friday - Andriy



Earlier this week I received an e-mail with the subject line, “Second Chance”.
In that e-mail was a link to this sweet child’s profile on Reece’s Rainbow:

John Mark

Boy, born July 2010

Look who is back! Love this little munchkin!

John Mark was listed previously — and he's eligible again for adoption!














Some of you may remember little baby Andriy (a.k.a. “John Mark”) as one of my “littlest angels” from the children’s hospital / baby orphanage last year. Some of you may also remember this devastating post from shortly after I arrived home. Andriy was due to be adopted along with Dasha, my other littlest angel, but on the day their parents submitted their paperwork they were informed that Dasha had died and that Andriy was no longer available for adoption at the request of his biological parents. Ever since that day I know that many people have prayed for a miracle for Andriy and this week he got it – a second chance to be rescued from life in a mental institution. When I received the e-mail this week that Andriy was back up on Reece’s Rainbow it meant more to me that just a second chance for Andriy, it meant hope. Hope for all the children whose fate seemed to be sealed. A hopeful reminder that God really is still at work on behalf of these kids and that His plans for them are indeed good.



So, what can I tell you about Andriy??? I met him when he was just three months old and spent many hours with him between then and the day I had to say a tearful goodbye two months later. Andriy was my sweet, smiley baby. I’ve never met such a young baby who smiled and laughed as much as Andriy did! At the hospital I would often hold him and rock him to sleep after his bottle and time and time again he would fall asleep with a smile on his face.


Developmentally, Andriy was doing really well and was hitting milestones left, right and center. Although he spent all his time lying on his back in a crib (I was never permitted to give him any floor/tummy time either), Andriy already had good control over his head when I met him and was rolling over by the time I left! He was such a cute little love bug and if he didn’t already have a family coming for him at the time, I just might have smuggled him out under my coat.


Along with all the joy and celebration this news has brought this week, there has also been heartache. I have seen Andriy’s biological parents and know how much they love him. Andriy’s mother visited him each week while I was there and I don’t doubt that a big reason why he is doing so well is because of the love and attention they lavished upon him. I don’t know the circumstances that caused him to be relisted for adoption but I can only assume that Andriy’s parents decided that they wanted a better future for their son, even if it meant having to say goodbye. Maybe this will be an opportunity for an open adoption, maybe not, but whoever makes this boy their son needs to know that his first parents loved him deeply and have made a selfless sacrifice in giving him up.


It’s been nearly a year since Andriy was removed from Reece’s Rainbow. The little baby who would have spent his first birthday in a family is now a year and a half. It saddens me that a whole year has been lost yet he is still so young and I hope and pray that he is snatched up quickly.
Please someone consider this precious, happy little boy.
I even have a picture of Andriy’s very first Christmas; now how often do you get that in the adoption world?!


Currently Andriy does not have any money in his grant fund… let’s get him off to a good start, shall we? Please help this little one get his second chance. Share his sweet face and story of hope and redemption. Donate to his grant fund and pray that his family finds him soon.
For more information or to donate, click here.


Andriy is listed as “John Mark” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

2 comments:

patty said...

Andrea,

This is such wonderful news for John Mark. I hope and pray that a family steps forward for him soon. I'll also pray for his biological parents. I hope all is well with you. Drop me an e-mail when you get a chance.
Happy New Year. Miss you.
Patty

Ruthann said...

That is great news! Praying for his forever family to find him soon. Praying for his birth family as well.