Friday, January 27, 2012

Find My Family Friday - Andrey



Last week I heard about a little boy with visual impairment at a different orphanage in another city in the same country as “my” kids. In so many ways he reminded me of Andrey; (you can read more about Andrey here, here, here, here, here and here) they are both blind, they both spend most of their days in a hard, empty playpen, they both poke their eyes… they even look alike. Yet there was one big difference – the little guy I heard about last week desperately seeks attention, literally cries out for affection, while Andrey prefers to be left alone.


Andrey does not like to be held and would often scoot away from me whenever I tried to pat his back, etc.
He would laugh when I tickled him or kissed those delectable cheeks of his but that was the only attention/affection he seemed to enjoy and he would only tolerate it for short periods at a time.


Hearing about this other little boy made me wonder, was Andrey ever like that? Did he used to hang over the edge of his crib moaning for attention? Did he eventually just give up when, after years of crying out only to have those cries ignored, he realized that no one cared?
Or has Andrey always been guarded, self-sufficient and withdrawn? Did he never even seek out attention to begin with because he was never shown what he was missing?


Who will show this little boy the love that he doesn’t even know he needs? It probably won’t be easy. It will likely take a lot of patience, persistence and the decision to love even when you don’t get much in return. Yet I believe that there is hope for every child. I want so much more for this little munchkin then the emptiness that is all he has known thus far. I believe that no matter how long and difficult a road it may be, he deserves the chance to be loved and to learn to love in return, don’t you? You can help Andrey’s family find him by sharing his story, donating to his grant fund and continuing to keep him in your prayers. For more information or to donate, click here.


Andrey is listed as “Aiden” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

2 comments:

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

i love this boy! xxx

Jed and Kimber said...

Me too Jane. Ugh I just love him so much. Praying for his family to find him!