Thursday, December 1, 2011

He's at it again...

God is at it again... Setting the lonely in families, just like He promised He would.
Last night I saw a most beautiful sight – this sweet angel's face on the My Family Found Me page!

Denis - Soon to be Orphan No More
Over the past several months I have seen several of "my angels" find families. Each time I am filled with joy and excitement yet deep down in my heart I wonder, when will it be Denis' turn? Out of all my kids Denis is the one with the most urgent need for a family, the one who seems to be most quickly running out of time. I have pleaded with everyone I could think of to help spread his story, pleaded with God to bring forth a family yet nothing seemed to be happening. Then about a month ago I heard from a family interested in adopting Denis. Right from the start I could tell they were serious yet even as the hope rose up in my spirit, I refuse to let myself get all the way excited until the child's face appears on the My Family Found Me page and its official. Well, there he is, it's official and I couldn't be more thrilled to announce news so good it deserves to be shouted from the rooftops... "MY" ANGEL BOY HAS A FAMILY!!!


To my precious angel boy:
Out of all of "my angels", you were the first one I noticed; the first one I held, the first one I sang over, the first one I prayed for… the first one to capture my heart. And when the time came for me to say goodbye, you were in many ways the hardest for me to leave behind. The tears I cried for you in the days and weeks after I handed you over to the workers for the last time could have filled an ocean. Not a day has gone by since then that I haven't thought of you, prayed for you and wondered if you would ever again experience what it is to be held close in safe and loving arms. You, sweet boy, are a fighter, that I know and I pray that God will give you the strength to keep fighting just a while longer. Your family is coming and when they get there they will protect you and care for you and teach you what love really is.
So hold on precious boy, pretty soon you will be safe in their arms forever.

Thank you to everyone who donated to Denis’ grant fund, shared his story and/or prayed for his family to find him;
whether he knows it or not, you will forever be a part of his story.

As you all know, I cannot reveal who Denis’ family is until they appear on the New Commitments page but I look forward to “introducing” them to you as soon as they do. In the meantime…

Four down, four to go… Wow, God is indeed at work in the lives of “my angels”. Let’s keep praying them home!!!

5 comments:

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

oh we have just posted together about God's wondrous power! I am so happy...it's nearly 2 in the morning here and i can't sleep for happiness! my dear friend if only you were closer and we could dance together for joy!

everybody dont forget to visit my blog for ryans art giveaway to help his family get him home! what happy words!!!! xxxx

patty said...

Andrea,

What great news!!! I was so happy when I saw Denis' picture on the MFFM page. I knew you would be thrilled. I hope all is well with you.

Patty

Jed and Kimber said...

Oh Andrea!!!! I am totally in awe of how God is moving. He is so good. I want Aiden to be next so badly!!! I know God can do it. I believe He will :) Woohoo for Denis!

GrumpyJaxMomOf3 said...

I was sooooooo excited when I saw him on the MFFM page!!!! So excited!!!

Chris and Julie said...

I echo the rejoicing! I can not say it better than Andrea: "Thank you to everyone who donated to Ryan's grant fund, shared his story and/or prayed for his family to find him;
whether he knows it or not, you will forever be a part of his story." You are a huge part of his story and I can't wait to hear more about the specific things you have prayed for him! Praise the Lord for His perfect timing! Love, Ryan's Family