Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving with the Lococo's

I had such a great time with the Lococo family these past few days. As I mentioned, Patty and I hadn’t exchanged more than a couple of e-mails before she invited me to spend Thanksgiving with them but I felt so welcomed and at home amongst her family, as though we had been friends for years. They are a beautiful family whose hearts truly beat for “the least of these” and I was so blessed to be able to spend time getting to know Patty, Tom and all six of their wonderful children. It was an amazing three days filled with laughter, lots of good food, a beautiful hike up a local mountain and many hours of heartfelt discussion around orphan care, adoption, missions, and special needs (not to mention some sweet moments with little Julia).

I thought I’d share a few pictures… As some of you may know, I’m not much of a photographer so although I had my camera with me, it never came out of my suitcase. Instead, I just took the lazy way out and stole these pictures from Caleb and the rest of the family :)















Anyway, I start a new job tomorrow (more on that as soon as I have the time and energy to type it all out) but in the meantime I just want to say thank you so much Lococo family for a really great few days… officially my best American Thanksgiving yet!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful pics. :)

Hope your new job is enjoyable today.

Pam said...

Have you checked the my family found me page today? A super special little boy showed up their today!!!!! So happy for him! I found out from Natalie's blog and had to check out the my family page right away to see for myself!