Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Road Trip

Bright and early tomorrow morning I am heading out on a road trip to spend American Thanksgiving with a Reece’s Rainbow family in New York State. Patty started reading my blog back when I was in Ukraine and has often left encouraging comments letting me know she is praying for me, etc. We e-mailed back and forth once or twice for the first time back in September and a few weeks later I received an e-mail out of the blue inviting me to spend Thanksgiving with her family. I was so touched by such a kind and thoughtful gesture from someone I hardly even knew. I am so amazed sometimes by how the internet can bring likeminded people together in such a way that strangers can becomes friends so quickly. Aside from making Thanksgiving plans, Patty and I haven’t exchanged more than a couple of e-mails (in fact, I realized as we were discussing my visit that I didn’t even know how many children she had!) yet the connection is most definitely there and I can’t wait to get to know her and her family in person.

Anyway, I just thought you might be interested in knowing what I’m up to this weekend. I will be in New York from Wednesday to Saturday and I look forward to telling you all about my time with this wonderful family when I get back!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

No fair!! I wanna go see Lococo's!!!! You lucky ducky!!!

Enjoy yourself and say ho to everyone for me! :)

GrumpyJaxMomOf3 said...

Happy Thanksgiving Friend!!! <3 Travel safe!!

Patti said...

Have a great time. :)