Friday, October 28, 2011

Find My Family Friday - Andrey



Transferred. Yes, another one… only for Andrey, transfer may not end up being such a bad thing
(you can read more about Andrey in my previous posts here, here and here).


As I’ve shared before, Andrey received no positive attention at his baby orphanage. For the most part, he received no attention at all. He was rarely brought outside and spent pretty much all his time in a wooden playpen void of toys or any other stimulation outside of what he could provide for himself by sucking his hands, poking his eyes and banging his head on the bars.


Sometime within the last couple of months however, Andrey was transferred to the special needs orphanage for older children. This is the same orphanage that I volunteered in last year and the great news is Andrey is in my favourite group – group 9! Oh how I adore the children in group 9 but I not only love the kids, I love the workers too. The workers there truly care about the kids (which is true of most of the staff at this orphanage). They are kind and affectionate with them, even holding them on their laps and giving them kisses. The children in this group have varying degrees of physical ability nevertheless all of them are given the freedom to move around the room, to play with toys and to interact with each other and the staff. For that reason, I truly believe that Andrey is better off where he is now than he was at the baby orphanage.


That said, I am still concerned. I am concerned that as Andrey gets older with each passing day, his already dim hope for a family will only continue to fade. I am concerned that words like “transfer” and “institution” will scare people away from choosing him. I am concerned because even though he may be doing ok right now, his future still holds nothing more than mere existence in an adult mental institution once he turns eighteen. Adoption is still Andrey’s only hope to be all that God created him to be, yet I am concerned that no one will ever choose him. After nearly six months, Andrey’s grant has yet to even reach $200. You may not be called to adopt Andrey, you may not be able to be his mom, but you can help him find her. If just one quarter of the people reading this donated one dollar, we could get Andrey’s grant up to $200. If everyone who reads this donated just five dollars, we could raise his grant to over $500. It may not seem like much but all the little bits add up, every dollar counts. Please help Andrey find his Momma by sharing his story, donating to his grant fund and remembering him in your prayers. For more information or to donate, click here.


Andrey is listed as “Aiden” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

2 comments:

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

oh sweet aiden! i pray your family finds you so soon! andrea your commemt this week was so kind and uplifting for me honey. thankyou so much and did you see? beautiful nasira (another child who has been on forget me not friday)got taken home by her family and andrea gave francine her fund!!!! God listens!!!! loving you and your heart dear friend xxxxx

Joanna said...

Oh my baby...