Friday, September 2, 2011

Find My Family Friday - Denis



Denis. Honestly, I don’t know what else I can tell you about Denis (you can read my previous posts about him here and here). I could not be more thrilled about Andrey finding a family and I am so happy about all the other people who are asking about some of my other kids… becoming their warriors or raising money for their grant funds or even considering adopting them! Still, no one seems to have shown an interest in Denis and I find myself at a loss for words as to how I can express just how precious he is and just how urgent his situation is. 


Every time I see new pictures of Denis, my concern for him grows.

(taken a couple weeks ago)
I feel as though he is wasting away before my eyes and I am helpless to do anything about it. I pray for him often yet aside from that, I am at a loss. He needs more than my little blog. He needs hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of people to see his face and read his story. Would you help me? Would you share about him on your blogs, facebook, twitter and every other social media outlet that I’m not even aware of? Would you talk about him with your friends, families, neighbours and co-workers? And then would you ask every one you share with to do the same?
(don’t forget you can read more about Denis in my previous posts here and here – feel free to use any of the photos or information that you find in these posts as you advocate for him yourselves)


This is the most recent picture I’ve seen of Denis and I cannot get it out of my mind… It is as if he’s on his knees begging for help. You can see the longing in his eyes and it breaks my heart. I recently read the following statement on an adoption agency website: "We believe that there is a family waiting for every child that is born." I believe that there is a family out there somewhere waiting for Denis, they just have to find him. Please, share his story, donate to his grant fund if you can and join me in praying that his family finds him before its too late.
For more information or to donate, click here.


Denis is listed as “Ryan” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog Andrea! And thanks for advocating for "Ryan" -- he caught my eye not long before I found your blog. He is so precious, but looks so sad. Then I saw some of your pictures that showed how thin he is... His situation is urgent, I pray that God will direct his family in such a way that they find out about him and are able to get too him quickly.

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

oh my! he is so thin now! poor baby i will be praying for him xxx