Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FOUND!

I’m so excited, my heart is racing and I can’t seem to wipe the smile off my face.
A day like today deserves a beautiful, eloquently written post yet the words just won’t come… So, I’ll keep it short and sweet:

Just a couple of hours ago, Andrey’s precious face appeared on Reece’s Rainbow’s My Family Found Me page. What’s more, Andrey is now fully funded with a grant of over $20,000 which means that his new family will not have to worry about scraping and fundraising and can instead simply focus on getting him home as soon as possible. Last but not least, Andrey's new family is "paper ready" which means that they could be there in as little as a month! Does it get any better than that?!?! Thank you to every single one of you who has donated, shared this sweet boy’s story or prayed for his family to find him; each and every one of you has played a part in his miracle.


To my sweet, cuddly teddy bear:
You may not know it yet but as of today, you are no longer an orphan. Countless people around the world have come together to shout out your story and raise the money needed to pay your ransom. You are loved and treasured by more people than you will ever know and before long you will experience what it is to have a family of your very own. Six months ago, leaving you behind broke my heart as I wondered who would cuddle you close, make you laugh that contagious laugh and roll their eyes as you sneakily pull your booties off at every opportunity. Today, I am offering up endless prayers of thanksgiving to God knowing that you now have a family who will do all that and so much more than you can even imagine right now. I can’t wait to see you in their arms.


I am at a loss for words except to say that God is good, He is faithful and He has good plans for each and every one of these kids.
Two down, six to go… let’s keep praying them home.

p.s. Andrey's family, I am dying to "meet" you... If you happen to be reading this, please e-mail me at ambassadoroflove@live.ca

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay! Praise God! I read your post about him a few days back and chipped in, as well as just signed up to be a warrior :) Can't wait to hear that my little girl's family has found her!

Sarah said...

YAYAYYYY!!!!!!! I AM SOOO HAPPY!! Thank you for sharing!!! :D

Jenny said...

Crying right now!!!! Yay! God is SO GOOD!

Dana said...

God is so good!!!!!

GrumpyJaxMomOf3 said...

That is awesome!!! So thankful!

Cheri said...

Andrea....I have not even read what you have written yet, LOL, I was just too excited to pop over to your blog to tell you the news and saw you already knew it!! ;).......oh man, so happy for him. You know how much I love him!! I need to go back to read to see if you posted who his family is and if they have a blog.... if you find out please send me an email. Obviously I want to follow along! :) All I keep thinking about is how much he is going to just blossom in his mommy's arms....and walk, I just know he will be up on his feet walking around in no time! THANK YOU ANDREA for loving on him when you were with him in the orphanage...thank you for advocating for him...and thank you for being a vessel that God is using in mighty ways!! xoxo

Jed and Kimber said...

Woohooooo! I was so happy when I saw this. I can't imagine how you must feel :)

lizzielou said...

Andrea I share your heart, pasted your button onto my blog in hopes of some more of these angels finding forever families. Our Jesus is AMAZING! Keep going, keep advocating, you are doing a wonderful job in doing the works set out for you before time began

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that the links for your other children on Reece's Rainbow are broken. The children can now be found (although not all of them) at http://reecesrainbow.org/category/waitingbycountry/ee-1/orphanage-14

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that Andrey S has a family.

Hugs!!!

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

i got back late last night from our camping trip in wales and immediatly went on rr and leaped for joy!! happy tears as through you i feel i know andrey and he was so heavy on my heart and now!!! oh how happy i am! love and hugs dear friend xxxx

Julia said...

I just found out WHO the family is who is getting him... THEY ARE AWESOME1! We met them last year when we were getting Aaron and we LOVE them. I am so excited that they are getting your sweet boy. So very excited indeed. They LOVE God - LOVE orphans. What more can you ask for????

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

ive said it before and i'll say it again.....YIPEEEEEEEE! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX