Monday, August 29, 2011

Allow me to introduce you to...


ANDREY’S FAMILY!!!


I have to confess, Andrey’s mom e-mailed me after reading my plea at the end of this post however due to Reece’s Rainbow policy, I had to keep my mouth (or should I say fist?) closed until they appeared on the ‘New Commitments’ page.

Now that that has happened, I am happy to introduce you to Andrey’s new family... the Carmichaels!!!

Stephanie and Sean have four children: Danielle (19), Cody (16), Cole (4) and Caden (2). Like Andrey, both Cole and Caden were blessed with an extra 21st chromosome (a.k.a. Down syndrome) and were adopted from Ukraine last year. When Stephanie and Sean got home with their boys in October, they were immediately ready to go back for another one. They thought they would go for a little girl this time since they already had three boys but God had other plans… After inquiring about girl after girl things just didn’t seem to be working out.
Then one day they saw this sweet face and knew that HE (not she) was the one.


Don’t you just love the way God works? Because they already adopted last year, all they need now is an updated homestudy and their USCIS (i.e. immigration) approval and they’ll be set to go. They hope to have Andrey home by December, in time for his birthday and Christmas – what a celebration that would be!

Because Andrey is fully funded, Sean and Stephanie already have the money they need for all their expenses in Eastern Europe however they still need a few thousand dollars to complete the paperwork they need to get there. If you would like to help them out with that, you can do so here. Either way, please hop over to their blog to introduce yourself and congratulate them on their newest addition! Finally, please continue to remember the Carmichaels in your prayers as they work hard to bring their son (is that not the most beautiful word you ever read… Andrey is someone’s SON now!!!) home as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I LOVE this! Caden their youngest was my first "baby" on RR!! I kept his picture in my Bible and I remember one day when I was in Africa the children found his picture and just LOVED him. So precious. Can't wait to see Andrey Home!!

Amanda said...

You are very good at keeping secrets!!!....you didn't even tell me :)