Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Job Update

I wish I had more exciting news to share… The truth is, the past month or so has been a bit of a rollercoaster. As I mentioned in my last update, I had an interview with a local non-profit organization (not related to adoption). My prayer throughout all of this has been that God would open up the right doors and close all the wrong ones and as I made my way through the interview process, it seemed as though every door was opening up in front of me. I was about to accept the job when, in an unexpected turn of events, God made it clear that He was closing the door.

I have total peace about the way everything turned out with this particular job but I won’t lie and say I’m not disappointed about finding myself back at square one. This is definitely not what I expected when I left Ukraine, that five months later I would have no better idea of what I’m supposed to do next than I did the moment I stepped off that plane. But I know that God has a plan and that He knows what He’s doing. I’m praying that He would make His will clear to me and in the meantime I’m learning, once again, about what it means to follow Jesus one day at a time.

5 comments:

patty said...

Andrea,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your job search. Praying for you that an answer comes soon. Would it be possible for you to work in the U.S. if you wanted to? Just wondering in case an opportunity was available here.

Patty
http://hope4everychild.blogspot.com/

andrea said...

Patty,
I think it would be pretty hard for me to get a visa to work in the U.S. Unless, of course, I married an American... So if you hear of any opportunities on that front (godly, orphan-loving, single young men) - just saying :)

patty said...

Andrea,

I will keep my eye out for you for Mr. Right. :) Seriously, I will pray for that special job and special someone to come along.

Patty

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

Andrea we say the same prayer!! thats my prayer as well about the doors! cany believe i forgot beautiful Molly! she is added now! xxx

Amanda said...

First off any workplace would be so lucky to have you as an employee. Second so we are playing the match game? Well my sister is looking for the same thing and I have been no help :( My mom said Max is really cute...wink, wink.