Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Finding Purpose

Lately I’ve really been feeling a lack of meaning/purpose in my day-to-day life. I’ve been home nearly six months now, the resting, re-entry period is long over yet I still spend most of my days sitting around my house. There is a job I’ve applied for that looks like it could be promising but they won’t be hiring until the end of August / beginning of September. In the meantime, although I do take the task of fighting for my kids very seriously and am thankful for the time I have to do so, lately I have been praying for something more.

Last week I heard about a family in the community I used to work in who recently had a new baby. The baby was sick and had to stay in the hospital but the mother was struggling to spend much time with her as she had no one to watch her other children at home. As soon as I heard their story something inside me clicked and I knew this was an answer to my prayers. So, for the last few days I have had the privilege of looking after two precious little girls (they also have two sons but they are at day camp during the week) while their mom spends time with her new baby. Isn’t God so great that way? Just as the clouds of emptiness were beginning to settle over me, He sends just the right thing to fill my time and give me a sense of purpose again. I don’t know if this will last for several days or several weeks but for now, I am enjoying filling my days with little ones once again.

Please pray for little baby “A”, her mother “C” and their whole family as they go through this difficult time.

1 comment:

Melissa S said...

God knows what we need better than we do, indeed! I will pray for this little family and you.