Friday, July 15, 2011

Find My Family Friday - Denis




Over the past 9 weeks, it has been my privilege to introduce you to all of the children currently available for adoption from the city that I spent six months volunteering in last year. I have been praying about what I would do after I had posted about each of them. “Find My Family Fridays” have pretty much become the main purpose of my blog and I definitely don’t want to stop now. So I prayed… Should I continue to post about other precious little ones on Reece’s Rainbow who have captured my heart? There are certainly plenty yet the more I prayed about it, the more I was reminded of what God has whispered to my heart many times before… these kids are mine to fight for. How many warriors have had the privilege of feeling the weight (or lack thereof) of their angels in their arms, heard the sweet sound of their laughter or seen firsthand the look of longing in their eyes? I have held these kids in my arms, kissed their sweet faces and stared into their beautiful eyes. The memories of their laughter and their cries are with me every day and for that reason, I can never stop fighting for them. Maybe as some of my angels find their families I will add other precious little ones to my list (oh how I long for that day to come!). In the meantime, I’m starting again from the top…

The last time I posted about Denis, I shared that I had been told by the workers that he had a life shortening illness however that was all the information I had been given. I was so happy last month when Reece’s Rainbow was able to obtain full medical information for Denis.


Denis has Noonan’s syndrome (you can read more about it here). As I read and researched, there was one phrase in particular that jumped out at me: “When a child with Noonan syndrome reaches adulthood…” Adulthood!!! The little boy I was told would not live long could actually reach adulthood! What wonderful news that was!


The problem is, Denis is not receiving the care he needs. He has a known heart defect which is being ignored, he may have problems with his kidneys, he is definitely not getting adequate nutrition. Recent reports tell me that it looks like Denis may be regressing, that he looks even skinnier than he did last year.


If there’s one thing that breaks my heart more than thinking of Denis dying alone, never knowing the love of a family, as the result of a life-shortening illness… it’s the thought of him dying alone, never knowing the love of a family, as the result of preventable complications from an illness that could have been treated. I truly would bring Denis home myself if I could but I can’t. I’m afraid that Denis’ time may be running out. He needs a family now, before it’s too late. Denis’ grant fund has grown considerably since I last posted about him but not enough to attract the kind of attention he so desperately needs. Please consider donating even just a few dollars and join me is spreading his story and praying that his family finds him soon. For more information or to donate, click here.


Denis is listed as “Ryan” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

3 comments:

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

ooo your writing manages to tear my heart out every time! I think its your closeness and knowledge of these kiddies. i will pray pray pray for this beautiful little boy and i so hope the linkup attracts loads of attention for him. much love jane x

Pam said...

Thanks so much for posting about sweet "Ryan" again! Perhaps your words will inspire his Mama -- I hope she finds him soon!

back2backer said...

Andrea! I have been praying for Ryan too! Can you tell me more about him??? I have so many questions, and can't believe that you got to hold him and care for him. Is he verbal? Can he sit up, crawl? Is he able to eat? Is he on meds???? He is so precious! Thanks for your help! Julie