Friday, July 29, 2011

Find My Family Friday - Andrey




What more can I say about Andrey? Last time I shared with you about what Andrey’s day-to-day life looks like, the neglect he experiences and the heartbreak of what it is like to be a blind child in a baby orphanage… Today however I want to tell you more about his precious, infectious giggle.


There are different things I miss about each of my kids. With Andrey, there is no doubt that what I miss most is kissing those yummy cheeks of his. I would hold him in my arms and just kiss his face over and over again and he would let out this giggle that is guaranteed to melt any heart. He spent so much of his time sullen and withdrawn but when he giggled, I felt like I was seeing a glimpse of the real Andrey and it was just priceless.


Andrey’s grant fund is the lowest out of all my kids and I worry that that just confirms my fear that, because of his visual impairment along with his more significant cognitive/emotional delays, Andrey is finding himself at the bottom of the list. It’s been nearly six months since I kissed those cheeks and my heart sinks at the thought that he most likely has not received a single kiss since. Andrey needs a mama who will give him kisses every day (even when he’s 16!). He needs someone who will see past his sorrow and delays and see the sweet little boy deep inside. Can you see it? Could that someone be you? Could it be someone you know? You may not be able to adopt him yourself but you can help Andrey’s family find him by sharing his story, donating to his grant fund and remembering him in your prayers. Help me make sure that this sweet little boy is overlooked no longer so that he can know him mama’s kisses real soon. For more information or to donate, click here.


Andrey is listed as “Aiden” on Reece’s Rainbow;
in order to protect his identity, when sharing about him on your own blogs, facebook pages, etc. please use his Reece’s Rainbow name

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh break my heart. I love him so. I can't wait for the day his mama finds him! He will do so wonderfully in a home!

Jed & Kimber said...

I love him! We have his picture up on our wall and pray for him daily. Thanks for telling us more about this sweet boy.

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

he is so beautiful! i would if i could believe me! praying so hard his family find hi. Thankyou so much for linking up andrea xxxxx

Amanda said...

My poor little Andrey/Aiden :( I am in tears. I stink at raising the money these kids need and I want to bring them all home.

Daniisqueer said...

For those of you who are interested, Aiden was adopted by a lovely American family, along with another little boy. The family vlog their lives on YouTube. Aiden seems to be doing well. TrulyBlessed withfourlittles is their Youtube name.