Monday, May 30, 2011

Update on the Job Front...

So, I guess it’s about time for me to update you all on my job situation. As I’ve mentioned, things have been slow moving but this week has the potential of either yielding some results or, well, bringing me back to square one. A couple of weeks ago I sent out nearly a dozen resumes to different organizations I thought I might be interested in working with. None of these were sent in response to advertised positions but over the next couple of days I’m planning on following up with organizations in hopes that they will agree to meet with me. In the meantime, I have an interview with one of the organizations on Wednesday.

At this point, most of the positions I am looking at are not in the field of adoption and I’m not going to lie, it’s hard. I would describe myself as a passionate person but I have never before been as passionate about anything as I am about adoption. I live, breath and dream adoption and it just feels unnatural when I think about spending 40 hours a week doing anything else. However, after nearly four months of doing nothing, it’s time for me to get a job.

I trust God and His plans for me. This may not be what I expected but it’s certainly not the first time God has led me on an unexpected path and I have learned that God’s ideas are always better than mine anyway. My main concern right now is that I want to be certain. I want to be certain about where God wants me, whatever that may be. If I know what God wants me to do, I can move forward, even if that means giving up a dream at least for now. It’s the uncertainty that makes me anxious.

I know that there are people reading this whom I have never even met who have been praying for God’s guidance in my life and that humbles me beyond words. It’s why I’m laying my honest thoughts and feelings out here for you all to see. I am praying that God would close all the wrong doors and that when the right door, the one that HE wants me to walk through, opens that He would give me the certainty I need to know it’s from Him. So, if you’re praying, I’d love for you to join me in that prayer.

Thanks to all of you who continue to read my blog even as I struggle to find things to talk about and, as always, I’ll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes what you desire to do isn't what you get to do when you think it is.... It took 18 years after I graduated from seminary before my time in seminary finally began to make sense to me!! During the ????? period I was forced to wait and wonder if I wasted my time. BUT GOD. So if you don't get what you think you should have right now.... just wait. God has your back my friend. He gives us the desires of our hearts when they are Godly, Holy and Righteous desires. One day. Maybe in 10 years but One Day! And then you will laugh out loud and stand in awe at how beautifully He wove in Your Desire with His Desire. Julia Nalle - Blogger won't let me post under my account!!! www.covenantbuilders.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
I worked in the banking/business world for many years, and I was unhappy. I wanted to do work that had more meaning. Eventually, I did get a job working with children in a shelter for homeless families. It was a VERY low paying position, but I loved it and felt like I was doing the work that God had planned for me.

I will continue to pray for you. Thank you for keeping all of us, your fans :), posted.
Patty
http://hope4everychild.blogspot.com/