Monday, April 18, 2011

In our own backyard...

As you all know by now, I am passionate about international adoption. As I said last week however, I believe that every child deserves a family, no matter where they live. So today, I want to share this video with you...



There are currently over 30,000 children living in foster care in Canada who are waiting to be adopted. 127,000 children in the US foster care system waiting for families. Children just like the ones you just saw; all alone with nowhere to belong, no one to love them, no one to tuck them in at night, their hope fading away as they dream of a family of their own. This is the reality for children right in our own country...

What are we going to do about it???

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have seen this video before. It breaks my heart. I am not sure if I told you but David saw a video about a child in our area that was around 12 and was waiting for a family. He asked me if we could get another local child? So we will plan to adopt locally one day.