Monday, February 21, 2011

Introducing...



I’m sure by now you all remember Dima… I was worried you might be getting tired of seeing this picture but who could get tired of looking at this sweet, smiley face??? Anyway, today it is my privilege to introduce you to Dima’s forever family.


David & Amanda Burlingham. They already have three beautiful biological children and now, adding Dima to the mix, they have an even two girls and two boys. As I mentioned earlier, Amanda was raised by a blind father and as they started considering adoption, she was often drawn to children with visual impairment as she knew her life experience would assist her in helping such a child reach their full potential. Amanda mentioned once in an e-mail that they had a quiet girl, a loud boy and a loud girl but they were missing a quiet boy… I believe that Dima is the perfect fit for their family.

With total costs averaging $25,000, adoption is not cheap. Finances are tight for the Burlingham’s but they have stepped out in faith, believing that the money will come in. That’s where you and I have the opportunity to step in and help bring this sweet boy home. What a blessing and a privilege to know that we played a part in rescuing a child from life in a mental institution. $5, $50, $500… every little bit makes a difference. Amanda and David are having a neat fundraiser on their blog right now where everyone who donates $10 or more will have their name written on the back of a piece of a puzzle which will hang on the wall for Dima to feel as a tangible reminder of all the people who helped bring him home… Will you consider adding your name to that puzzle? You can also donate through their family sponsorship page (tax-receiptable for US donors through Reece’s Rainbow).

I can tell you from many, many e-mails with this family that Amanda and David are already very much in love with Dima, as are their children. They are committed to doing everything they can to bring him home, to love him unconditionally and to encourage him to reach his fullest potential. I encourage you to hop over to their blog so that you can “meet” them for yourself and to keep Dima and his family in your prayers. Finally, I can’t end this post without asking you to continue to pray for families for the rest of my kids as well… I continue to pray that Dima would be the first of many, many of “my angels” to be adopted.

5 comments:

travcat said...

Congratulations! He is such a sweetie!

Catherine
http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Just noticing going through your blog that there are several of your kiddos that aren't even on rr. Will they be?

andrea said...

That's something we really need to be praying for... It's a difficult process but I have been doing everything I can to get them listed. Obviously they have almost no chance of being adopted otherwise.

Amanda said...

I would like to thank you on behalf of Dima. I did not include your blog only because I did not want to get in trouble with RR. Hope this post will give you a little picture of how much you are touching our hearts.

http://justonemore4us.blogspot.com/2011/02/this-woman-is-my-hero-and-his-angel.html

Melissa said...

I cry EVERYTIME I see his face and know now that he will have a family SOON! Praise God! I can't forget how he would just hold my hands and rock and smile. Now he will have so much more than just someone to hold his hands while he rocks.