Monday, February 7, 2011

HUGE Answer To Prayer...

Nearly six months ago, I met and fell in love with a precious group of children who soon became known as “my angels”. Since then I have spent countless hours praying for these little ones… I prayed that God would get me into their orphanage so that I could be a tangible expression of God’s love to them, I prayed that they would experience God’s peace, His presence and His comfort and more than anything else, I prayed that God would bring forth families to rescue these children from the circumstances they are currently living in and the despairing futures that lie ahead of them. As time went on it became more and more apparent that this was a difficult request. Most of my kids were not even listed for adoption and all of my efforts to get them listed seemed to be in vain. Weeks and months went by, my discouragement grew as my faith diminished yet I kept praying because deep down I know that with God all things are possible. Today I want to tell you the story of how God was working behind the scenes on behalf of one of those sweet angels of mine…

Back in November, I received an e-mail from a mother interested in adopting a certain child in Ukraine. She was under the impression that that child was in Khrivoy Rog, where I was, and was hoping that I might be able to give her some more information on him. We quickly figured out however that that child was not in Khrivoy Rog but another city in that region. As such, I had no other information to give her and that was the end of our e-mail exchanges. Then, a couple of weeks later, I noticed that that child’s picture had been moved to the “My Family Found Me” page on Reece’s Rainbow and I couldn’t help but wonder if it was the same family I had been communicating with so I e-mailed her to find out. She said no, that while they were waiting for more information another family had committed to him. Out of curiosity, I asked if they were now looking to adopt another child. That’s when I got this response: “We will be adopting another child...just not sure when… I am guessing you have a couple great kids in mind?” Really, my intention had not been to suggest a child, like I said, I was just curious but since she asked, I couldn’t pass up to opportunity to advocate for my kids. They were looking for a boy so I sent her the profiles of the only two boys from my orphanage listed on Reece’s Rainbow. I didn’t think much else of it but now it is clear that God was at work the whole time. Unbeknownst to me, the woman I was communicating with was raised by a blind father and ever since they first started considering adoption they felt that a blind child might be just the right fit for their family. Do you see where this is going??? I had sent her the profiles of two kids, one of whom was Dima… It seemed as though she started falling in love with him right away and that was the start of many, many e-mails back and forth between us. That same week Dima was transferred and we were no longer sure whether or not he would still be available for adoption. While we waited to find out, we continued to exchange e-mails with more details about Dima. By the time I was finally able to visit Dima during my last week in Ukraine and confirm that he was still available for adoption I was pretty sure that this family would be committing to him but I have nevertheless been on pins and needles waiting for the day it would be official. Well, today is that day! Look whose sweet face appeared on Reece’s Rainbow’s “My Family Found Me” page today…


I took this picture nearly six months ago, hoping and praying that it would help him find a family and to see it now on that wonderful page… it’s surreal. God’s hand has been so clear in all of this, I am in awe. Dima's new family sent in their papers to officially commit to Dima on February 1st, my last day in Khrivoy Rog, and I can't help but feel that the timing of it all was God’s special gift to me. For nearly six months I had been praying that God would allow me to see at least one of “my angels” committed to before I left and He did, just in the nick of time.

I can’t tell you any more about who will be adopting Dima just yet but stay tuned to “meet” Dima’s new family and for the opportunity to be a part of paying his ransom. In the meantime, please pray for Dima’s family as they embark on this crazy, life-changing adventure. Also, please continue to pray for families for the rest of my kids as well… May Dima be the first of many, many of “my angels” to find their forever family!

4 comments:

Catalina said...

Definitely will be praying for the family and the boy.

patty said...

Hey Andrea,

I thought of you the second I saw Dima's picture on the "My Family Found Me" page. I'm so happy for you, Dima's new family and especially Dima. Thank you, God, for all of the miracles we see happening for these children. Hope you are feeling rested up.
Patty
http://hope4everychild.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

My heart leaped when I saw he had a family!

The Priests are Growing! said...

Yay!