Monday, January 31, 2011

One More Day

Well, this is it… This time tomorrow I’ll be on my way to the train station, the beginning of a rather long trip home. I’ll be taking the overnight train to Kiev, arriving at 5:30 in the morning, hanging out at McDonald’s ‘till 8:00, at which point Ed will pick me up and drive me to the airport where I will wait for my 2:15 flight to Heathrow, spend the night in a hotel in London, then head back to the airport to catch my 3:35 flight to Montreal, finally making it home 53 hours later… Ugh.

The past week has been hard. Because, for the most part, I only see each of my kids individually once a week and because the workers only work once every five days, the goodbyes began last Monday and have been taking place daily ever since. This never-ending saga of goodbyes has left me exhausted and emotionally drained and I am ready to get it over with. Still, I have saved the hardest goodbye for last and tomorrow, when it’s time for me to say goodbye to the little boy who captured my heart from the first day I met him, I’m afraid someone may have to pry him from my arms…

Please pray that God would give me the strength to make it through tomorrow and the days that will follow. Pray that I will have good “cabin mates” on the train (I will be travelling on my own, sharing a compartment with four other people) and that the whole trip home would pass by quickly and without incident. Most of all, please keep praying for my kids… they deserve better than this.

5 comments:

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

Prayers for travel mercies, safe travel and comfort for your breaking heart.

Blessings,
Suzanne

Chris and Sarah said...

Praying for you trip home!

Leanne said...

Andrea, you are covered in our prayers. Jesus knows... your heart, your hurt, their hearts, their hurts. He holds you life, your future, He holds their lives, their future. He's used you in VERY intrumental ways in not only loving these children with His love, but in getting some of them families. We're not only praying for you and the kids, but for someone to come along and continue the work He - through you - started.

Daria said...

Praying you have a great trip back and looking forward to hearing more stories about your journey! :)

The Priests are Growing! said...

Waiting to hear that you made it home okay. We are praying for you!