Friday, December 17, 2010

This is where my heart is today...

For the past two years I have been involved in West Island Mission’s annual Christmas basket distribution, providing food and gifts to families in need right in my own community. It has been a privilege for me to be a part of this project and I have so enjoyed all the sorting, organizing and gift wrapping, all the planning meetings, frantic e-mails and excited phone calls. In the end, it is such a blessing to be a part of making a families’ Christmas a little brighter and I have been equally blessed by the friendships that have been formed along the way. Well, this weekend West Island Mission will be packing and delivering Christmas baskets to nearly 200 families. I know Ukraine is where I’m supposed to be this Christmas, it’s where I want to be this Christmas but today, this is where my heart is…






Mom, Bonnie, Suzanne, Marlene, Danielle and the rest of the team… I’ve been thinking about you all day!
Miss you, praying for you and wish I was there…   

No comments: