Friday, November 5, 2010

Russian Update

You may have noticed I haven’t done a Russian update in a while… that’s because there really hasn’t been much to update you on as I haven’t learned more than a handful of new words/phrases over the past couple of months. I’ve been kind of at a loss as to how to teach myself the language. Add to that a general lack of motivation and I have simply learned to get by without words. One of my roommates recently started taking Russian lessons however and I decided that that might be just the push I need. So, today was my first Russian lesson. My teacher is a lady named Olga. Her English is not the best but she is really nice and a great teacher and I have a feeling this is going to be very good for me. I will go to her home for a one-hour lesson every Wednesday and Friday afternoon and will then have homework to complete in between. Ugh, I hate school but it will be nice to be able to communicate a bit more.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wish I was able to take lessons from a native Russian speaker, but I guess I'll just have to settle for my Rosetta Stone. :)