Monday, October 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday... on Monday

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians out there! My fellow Canadians here (Ashley & Ed) are both currently out of the country so it’s really not Thanksgiving for me today but, in attempt to be festive and because it’s been rough morning and I know I need this, I thought today would be a good day for a late (early?) Thankful Thursday post…

I am thankful for our hot water heater as most people around here don’t have one and the hot water has been shut off for weeks now.

I am thankful that the heat came on yesterday for the first time (the heat here is regulated by the government and for the past week or so our apartment has been pretty chilly).

I am thankful that today is warmer and sunnier than it has been in a week.

I am thankful for Ukrainian apples; they’re tart, juicy delicious and cheap – last week I bought five big apples for just 75 cents!

I’m thankful for our new high-speed, wireless internet (my modem was pretty slow) which has meant good quality Skype calls, the ability to download videos and upload pictures with ease, etc.

I am thankful for online Christian radio.

I am thankful for the opportunity I’ve had to spend time with families who are here adopting from the babies’ orphanage.

I am thankful that this morning I finally got the last picture I needed to be able to introduce to my angels… come back tomorrow to “meet” them!

I am thankful that it looks like sweet Yulia’s family has found her (more details on that soon)!

I am thankful for every moment I get to spend inside the babies’ orphanage – I will forever praise God for doing the “impossible”!

“Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
(Psalm 100:4-5)

No comments: