Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leo Lyagushka


This is Leo Lyagushka (Leo the Frog). Leo is an artist. In fact, Leo is a brilliant artist. Leo has created many beautiful paintings but one day as Leo was finishing one painting in particular, he looked at it and realized that it was his best painting ever – this painting was perfect. Leo decided to give this painting to his friend as a gift. His friend hung the beautiful painting on his wall and every day he would look at it. After a couple weeks, his friend brought the painting back to Leo and said, “This painting is not quite right. The grass is not green enough, the sky is not blue enough, there are not enough flowers in the grass or clouds in the sky… Will you fix it for me?” This made Leo very sad. You see, Leo had worked very hard on this painting. He decided exactly how many clouds and flowers to paint and just what colors to use. Leo knows that he didn’t make any mistakes with this painting, it is perfect just the way it is.

God is also an artist and these children are His masterpieces, made in His image, the crown of His creation. How His heart must break when we miss their beauty and fail to see them the way He does – perfect just the way they are.





Fearfully and wonderfully made…
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well!

3 comments:

The Priests are Growing! said...

I love to ready your blog. You are such a blessing to my heart!

Robertsons said...

Andrea, I tear up every time I read your blog. Thank-you for sharing. Do you know of any Canadian organizations (not for profit or otherwise) that help with international adoption?

Melissa said...

Oh Andrea! You made me cry this morning with this. I love it when you can use a simple story to help people understand when we just aren't getting it. These children are just blessings, beautiful blessings. I wish the whole world could see it. We miss you!! I realized after we left I never even got to give you a hug. Oh well, we will see each other again, even if we have to wait til Heaven - I'll have a hug waiting :)