Friday, September 24, 2010

VICTORY!

I could hardly sleep last night as I just couldn’t stop praying about today and for sweet little Yulia. When I woke up this morning I was so excited there were butterflies in my stomach and I knew, today was going to be the day. We went to the orphanage this morning as usual and when it was time for the kids to go inside we asked, once again, if we could stay and help feed them. The workers told us that no one has ever been allowed to come inside and feed the kids and that just this morning the head supervisor had told them not to let anyone in. Over the past weeks God has given me the opportunity to gain favour with the workers and they said that they weren’t opposed to us coming in, but they needed to hear it from someone in charge. So, we stepped out into the hallway to call Ira (Ed’s colleague) so that she could call the director. Ira wasn’t answering her phone and so I just kept praying; five minutes later we were able to reach her. She spoke to the director and then told us to go downstairs to the director’s office as she wanted to speak with us. When we got there she was waiting with the head supervisor as well as a worker and little girl from another group. She told us that at the end of this month they are going to be having a celebration and this little girl didn’t have anything nice to wear (dressing nicely is very important here). Then she said, “If you want to feed the kids, you need to buy this girl a dress… Will you do it?” I thought about for like half a second and said yes. Then she turned to the head supervisor and said, “Let her in.” Just like that we went back upstairs and I was given one of the special needs girls to feed. Then, about 15-20 minutes later, Lienna, the worker, the little girl and I got into a car and headed downtown to a very posh little children’s clothing store (think Mexx Kids or Baby Gap). Interestingly enough, I’ve noticed this little girl outside before and she is just gorgeous. I’ve often thought to myself that she would make a great Mexx model so I guess it was fitting… Anyway, $25 later we had a very cute outfit. It was more than I would ever spend on my own baby but she did look darling and, as far as I’m concerned, it’s a small price to pay to give some extra loving to my angels.

So, all that to say, God did it! Yes, we need to continue to pray that the doors stay open and that my time inside the orphanage would become longer and longer but today was indeed a day of great victory! Thank you so much to all of you who prayed, each one of you are playing an important part in all that God is doing. Borrowing Moses’ song of victory today and praising God in celebration…

"I will sing to the LORD,
for he has triumphed gloriously;
he has hurled both horse and rider
into the sea.
The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has given me victory.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him…
Your right hand, O LORD,
was majestic in power.
Your right hand, O LORD,
shattered the enemy.
In the greatness of your majesty
you overthrew those who opposed you...
Who among the gods is like you, O LORD?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
performing such wonders?...
In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have ransomed.
In your strength you will guide them
to your holy dwelling....
You will bring them in and plant them
on the mountain of your inheritance—
the place, O LORD, you made for your dwelling,
the sanctuary, O Lord, your hands established.
The LORD will reign
forever and ever."
Exodus 15

God is indeed at work in this place and these walls are being broken down!


3 comments:

Ferdi said...

Andrea! That is so very exciting! God is FAITHFUL! NEver understand how it works, but it works every time - amazing!

I know you were not allowed to take pics, but I can just imagine how trilled everybody (and especially you!) was!

Keep on going!!!!!!STRRRRROOOOONNNNNG!

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

So very awesome! I will continue to pray for you. Will you pray for our fundraising rummage sale tomorrow, that the Lord will bring boatloads of people to shop and purchase items. that our adoption fundraising account grow and grow and grow until we have every single penny we need to bring our little one home?

Blessings to you Andrea!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I never doubted you'd get in there. Hallelujah.