Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week I’ve been feeling rather frustrated and discouraged. As I near the end of my fifth week here, I am tired of waiting. I am tired of seeing the need and feeling the call and not being able to do anything about it. I am tired of going to the babies’ orphanage twice a day yet never being able to spend time with “my kids”, the ones who need it most.
In addition to all of that, tomorrow we are moving from our house to an apartment just off the main road. The apartment is nice and it is closer to everything but I just don’t like change. I like our house. For the past month I have gotten used to having my own room but in the apartment I will have to share. I am also not looking forward to the act of moving itself. I know that once we get settled I’ll be fine but combine that with my frustration over the orphanage situation and today I just feel down.

That said, this morning as I was walking home from the babies’ orphanage I realized that today is the perfect day for Thankful Thursday so,
here it is…

I am thankful for a shower with hot, running water on a brisk morning.

I am thankful for yummy oranges that I discovered at the store – what a great addition to my breakfast!

I am thankful for the cool autumn weather which is so refreshing after weeks of 40 degrees.

I am thankful that as of Saturday I will no longer have to walk to rocky, uneven, often painful road that leads to our house.

I am thankful for my laptop and mobile internet which allow me to stay connected with family and friends all around the world.

I am thankful for our friend Vova who came in all the way from Kiev to help us move.

I am thankful for all the adoptions that are taking place right now; nothing blesses my heart more than seeing precious orphans being found by their forever families.

I am thankful for all the sermons I downloaded before coming here… what a great way to spend my evenings, curled up with my bible and headphones, being challenged and inspired by the Word of God.

I am thankful that tonight I get to go to church and worship in a place where God’s Presence is so tangible, you don’t even need to understand the words.


There, that was just what I needed, I feel better already… What are you thankful for today?

“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Andrea, I was reading your blog entries today. I am inspired by you and your passion. Imagine once you get your hands on those children! I know God has great things for you to do. See He's already teaching you patience!

Have a wonderful day.

Tammy Botham