Monday, August 30, 2010

One step forward, one step back

We went back to the hospital this morning and got the rest of my tests done. Everything went smoothly and I am happy to have them finished. They told us we could go back and pick up the results tomorrow which is great news! If everything goes well we might even be able to get into the children’s hospital by the end of the week…

On another note, we did not have as much success at the babies’ orphanage. We tried to go inside with them when they brought the kids in at 11:15 (since the head nurse told us we could stay ‘till 12:00) but the workers asked us to leave. When we went back to talk to the head nurse again she said that we should listen to the workers. Then, when we went back for their afternoon outside time they sent Lienna and I out with the five typical kids while they stayed inside with the special needs ones… not exactly what I had in mind. I can’t say I’m surprised. While I am a bit disappointed, I am not discouraged. I know God will get us in in His time. In the meantime, I will continue to work on my patience and do my best to make the most of every opportunity.

No comments: