Friday, August 6, 2010

A Day in Kiev

Thanks for the prayers – I had a really good night’s sleep last night and feel like the jetlag is pretty much gone. The girls arrived this morning and we spent the day going around Kiev to places such as the Great Famine memorial, the World War II museum and the Kiev monastery. I didn’t have my camera with me but I found some pictures online as I figure it’s about time I added some illustration to these posts.





I also had my first Ukrainian meal today – cabbage and perogies… mmm, mmm, good :)

Observation of the day: The escalators here are really fast! It’s kind of scary, I’m not the biggest fan of escalators to begin with, but even with how fast they go it still takes two and a half minutes to get to the bottom (I’m not kidding, I timed it!). The metro has got to be a million miles underground! Apparently it’s the deepest subway system in Europe.

It was nice to see the city today but I’m ready head to where all the orphanages are. We leave tomorrow at 9:30 on the overnight train and should arrive in Khrivoy Rog around 6:30 in the morning. Anyway, that’s it for today but I’ll update again soon.

No comments: