Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Call Out For Prayer... here we go!

I had a really cute video all ready for Wordless Wednesday today but it’s going to have to wait as I have some very important news to share…

So, I met up with Lienna today, the translator I talked about last week. Let me start off by saying that she is great. She has a huge heart for the orphan and is so passionate about serving God. We walked around for two hours sharing our hearts and our stories of how God brought us to where we are today. We have a lot in common and connected really well… A friend and a translator all rolled into one – what a huge answer to prayer!

Anyway, Lienna tutors in the afternoons but she will be translating for me in the mornings and we are working on getting a girl who recently graduated from one of the orphanages to translate for me in the afternoons. In the meantime, tomorrow Lienna and I will be going to the babies’ orphanage, the special needs orphanage and the children’s hospital to meet with directors and talk to them about how I can be involved. So, just like that, this first phase of waiting is over.

Tomorrow is a big day. Countless times over the past two weeks I have heard that no one ever gets to work inside the babies’ orphanage, they really don’t like you spending long periods of time with the babies at the children’s hospital, etc., etc. but I know that nothing is impossible with God. Last night at church the pastor talked about how Jesus has the victory over every situation and I believe with all my heart that that is true. So, I know that these things take time and I will not be discouraged if the doors are not wide open right from the start but at the same time, I will not put God in a box – I am heading into tomorrow with great expectation because I know that my God is able to do infinitely more than I could ever dare to ask or hope for!

I have been so encouraged these past weeks by the story of Nehemiah. When Nehemiah heard about the hardships his people were facing in Jerusalem his heart was broken. He knew he had to do something and so he fasted and prayed and finally he approached the king for help. The king had already issued a decree that Jerusalem was not to be rebuilt yet Nehemiah approached him with boldness and asked that the king not only allow Jerusalem to be rebuilt but that he give Nehemiah a paid leave of absence, authority among the governors and all the resources (i.e. timber) he needed to rebuild the city. It was an unfathomable request yet the bible says that the king granted his requests because God’s hand was upon him.

That leads me to the point of this post. I am asking you to join me in praying or even fasting if you feel so led, for tomorrow’s meetings with the directors. Pray that God’s hand would be upon Lienna and myself, that He would give us wisdom and discernment in how to approach them in both humility and boldness and that He would give us favour. If you would like to be reminded of the situation at each facility please go back and read this post.

Let us storm the gates of heaven for the next 20 hours or so… we are on the brink of seeing God do something amazing, I can feel it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Praying for you!!

David said...

will be praying for you Andrea... God's going to use you both in great ways!!