Friday, July 23, 2010

This Time, I'm Prepared!

Six months ago I arrived in Bideka, Congo at the orphanage I would be working in for the next three months and I discovered that they had nothing to play with... absolutely no toys or games except for one rubber ball which busted about a week after I arrived! I had brought a few things with me but as time went on and I struggled desperately to find fun things to do with the kids, I cannot count the number of times I thought to myself, "If only I had know... I wish I had brought..."

Well, I've learned my lesson and this time, I'm going prepared...

balloons, bubbles, frisbees, Canada tattoos, stickers, face paint, sidewalk chalk, skipping ropes, jacks, barrel of monkeys, pick-up sticks,
pin the tail on the donkey, twister, snakes and ladders, card games, puppets, balloon animals and soccer balls!

Total cost... $189
All the smiles, laughter and fun that this will bring to the kids... priceless!

No comments: