Friday, July 2, 2010

Collecting Specific Items for Ukriane

Happy belated Canada Day to all you Canadians out there! Yesterday was my first time home for Canada Day since 2005 so I went to the parade and fireworks and did my best to be festive… :)

Anyway, people have been asking me if I am going to be collecting specific items to take with me for the children I will be working with in the Ukraine so I wanted to give you the information you need to know in order to help out in that way. I asked the missionary I will be working with about the needs that they have at this time and these are the specific items he requested…

- Good quality (like new) children's clothing
- Children's socks
- Children’s toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Children's multiple vitamins

Due to the fact that my own personal luggage will have to include both summer & winter clothing, coats, boots, etc. I will only be able to bring one extra 50-pound bag with me for donations. For that reason, I will only be accepting items from the above list. If I receive more than I am able to take with me, I will be donating the surplus to local organizations such as the Salvation Army, etc.

If you would like to donate any of these items or if you have any questions please e-mail me at ambassadoroflove@live.ca

The deadline to get these items to me is July 25th

No comments: