Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday

This morning I met up with Bonny once again and we headed back to Katanga to visit Paul and his family. Bonny already brought over the food and medication yesterday but I wanted to see them again and, also, I knew you would want to see pictures. Even before the problem with the school fees, Paul was kicked out of school because of his rash. The other kids in the community say he is cursed and won’t play with him for fear of catching what he has. Today I went in with one goal in mind – to show this boy that he is loved. Bonny and I both showered him with affection, stroking his back, rubbing his head, playfully grabbing his arm or punching him on the shoulder and every time we touched him he would just look up and smile. Then I pulled out the beanie babies and, once again, the kids were all smiles and laughter…

Here in Africa, older kids don't often smile for pictures but she could barely hold it in :)

Paul's older brother, also HIV+

This little guy was so cute

Precious Paul

Paul and his mom

I think Paul’s smile says it all however I want to say a special thank you to all of you who donated towards this trip. In a place full of never-ending need, today you can say, “I made a difference to that one…” Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus, a tangible expression of His love to Paul and his family.

No comments: