Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good To Be "Home"

Hi everyone. I'm sure there must be some of you out there that have been wondering what happened and why I haven't been blogging these past three months... Well, as it turns out, the village where I was staying had no internet and often no electricity, making blogging virtually impossible. My mom has been sending out occasional updates to those on my e-mail list however I know that some of you would not have received those updates. Anyway, I'm back in Uganda now and will do my best to catch you up over the next few days/weeks. In the meantime, it's good to be "home"... At around 4:30 yesterday afternoon I crossed the border into Uganda and everything in me just breathed a sigh of relief as though a weight had been lifted and my spirit just felt lighter somehow. Don’t get me wrong, the last three months have held many good moments but they have held many difficult moments as well and, as hard as it was to say goodbye, it feels good to be back here in Uganda, my second home.

I plan on spending the next few days gradually updating my blog with stories (and pictures!) from the Congo so keep checking back however, in the meantime I would like to ask for your continued prayers over the course of these last two weeks of my trip. Today I am simply spending the day at the guesthouse, catching up on sleep, food, quiet, etc. but tomorrow it will be time for me to shift gears as I begin reconnecting with my friends in Kampala and at the end of the week I will be heading back to Jinja to visit the friends and ministries I know there. I’ll be honest and say that at this point I’m exhausted and simply want to relax and have fun with my friends. I’m sure that these next two weeks will indeed be fun but at the same time, I don’t know when or even if I will ever see my Ugandan friends again and I want to use this time well, that I may be able to be a blessing and encouragement to them. Please pray that God would give me all I need to make it through these last two weeks and that I would make the most of every opportunity He gives me to continue to be an ambassador of His love.

1 comment:

Ferdi said...

Glad to hear from you Andrea! IT's good to know you are fine - and that you still have some good weeks in Uganda. Looking forward to the new posts!