Monday, March 22, 2010

Painting

As you may remember, one of the things I brought along with me was crayons, pencil crayons and paint to do art with the kids here. I’ve done coloring with the kids several times already but yesterday I was finally able to pull out the paint for the first time. I had planned on doing painting with the kids several weeks ago but the water went out and has been unreliable ever since and, even when there was water, I felt bad using the little we had for painting. We have had water consistently for the past week or so though and so yesterday afternoon I decided it was time to break out the paints. I gathered the kids and as I was organizing everything I asked the oldest boy (12 years old) if he had ever painted before. He said no, in fact, he didn’t even know what the paint and brushes were. I can only assume that this was a first for most, if not all, of the kids and needless to say, they had a lot of fun…












1 comment:

Jenny said...

Look how happy they are! Looks like so much fun!