Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday

Standing amongst a couple hundred Africans, on each side of me friends who I haven’t seen in years and yet they still feel like family, joining with them in raising our hands and our voices in praise to their God and mine, the God of all nations…

Halleluiah, Halleluiah, for the Lord God Almighty reigns…
Holy, Holy are You Lord God Almighty…
Worthy is the Lamb, Worthy is the Lamb, Amen.

There are no other words to describe how much I love those moments.

After church today I went to the school that the African Children’s Choir kids go to once they return from tour. Most of them are still on holiday but the ones who just finished elementary school before Christmas were there today as tomorrow they will be getting the results from their government exams. I spent a couple hours there and had a good time talking with a few of them who I remembered from when we did camp there last time I was here. After that I went to watch a choir rehearsal of a group call One Voice. One Voice is made up of former African Children’s Choir kids, now in or completed university. They get together to do various projects in the community from building homes, teaching about sanitation, and music and drama outreach concerts. My friends have been talking about their concerts for quite some time now and I’ve always wanted to go to one. Unfortunately their next concert is right after I leave for Congo but I was glad to at least be able to watch them practice today. I cannot even tell you how talented they are… They were rehearsing a new song, someone sang it for the group once then after just two simple words, “in harmony”, with no further discussion they began to sing and it was though I was surrounded by a host of angels singing.

Tomorrow I am going shopping for school bags and some other school supplies to complete what I brought with me for our distribution to 100 kids on Saturday. There’s going to be so much stuff I’m not sure where I’m going to put it all but I’m excited. Hopefully I’ll be able to post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: